How to Auto-open EXTERNAL Links? (or feature request for it)

Hi,
The Link on Check function doesn’t seem to work for external app URLs, such as shortcuts://run-shortcut?name=SpeakDanDepartureWeather

I’d like to be able to use only the voice checklist interface to trigger this URL. Right now I can get it to work by tapping the link embedded in Label 1 as let’s check the weather. However, I can’t seem to find a way to get an external link to open by voice.

Thanks,
Dan

In the next release you will be able to open embedded links by saying GO TO LINK ONE or GOTO FIRST LINK, GO TO LINK TWO, etc…

1 Like

Cool! Would you mind, if there’s only one link, letting us just say “Open link” or “follow link”?

Could you add external URL support for the LINK ON CHECK function as well?
Thank you!

Been exploring this and it seems when you do link to a shortcut it navigates away from MiraCheck to the Shortcuts app where you then would need to manually go back to MiraCheck. Do you know a way around this where you would just hear the audio of the shortcut, but it would stay in the MiraCheck app?

Figured it out. Needed Open App at the end.

In the latest release you can now say OPEN LINK, FOLLOW LINK, GOTO LINK, JUMP TO LINK. These will all open up the first embedded link. For specific links you can say FOLLOW LIKN THREE or FOLLOW THIRD LINK, etc… Up to nine links is supported.

This has been added. There is a new option in the dropdown when creating a link called External.

1 Like

This should work now in the latest release. The Shortcuts opens up a ton of great opportunities for automation so thanks for sharing. If you had a little time it would be cool for you to do a post to give users some ideas on how they could use shortcuts, for example for getting the weather with voice, sending a text message before taking off to someone, dialing fuel truck, etc…

1 Like

Hi all,

Has anybody been able to do this? I would like to open an app, e.g. SkyDemon, once I reach a specific Item. I know there is the External in there, but can’t seem to figure out how to cite the URL for IOS.

Any advice?

The Apple Shortcuts app should be able to open any app.

When you create a new shortcut the suggestions has Open App.

If you follow the previous post on how to launch Shortcuts it should work…

1 Like

Thanks Jeff!

It worked BUT … Even at home this took well over 30 seconds to open up the app from the iCloud shortcuts.

Is there any way to use this locally on the IOS device without resorting to the iCloud?

Hmm, I have the Shortcuts app on the device…

1 Like

Hi @admin

Jeff, yes, the Shortcuts app and the shortcut that I defined, those are on the device.

However, the link for the shortcut using the ‘Share’ option (so I can use that link within Miracheck) is an iCloud URL… Any idea?

Are you using a URL that looks like this?

shortcuts://run-shortcut?name={nameOfShortcut}

This should be a local url that runs a shortcut by name.

1 Like

Many thanks Jeff! Now, I am! :laughing: Did not know the shortcuts://

You’ve been a great help! Thanks for taking out the time!