Using Filter Tags

Filter Tags is a feature that allows you to filter your checklist when it is launched. In the editor, under the Advanced section you will see the Filter Tags property. Enter tags such as IFR, or Night. When you tag something you are saying you want the option to hide or show the item when the checklist runs. Items that are not tagged will always show, and many of your items would not be tagged. But if you have specific items you want to display like the CRAFT sketchpad when you are flying IFR, then tag that IFR.

When you run your procedure, if there are any tags you will be prompted with a number of switches for each tag. If you don’t want certain items to show turn off the switches.

Click the video below to see in action…

Was a change made to Filter Tags? My memory is that they were previously presented in the order in which they were encountered in the file. They now appear to be alphabetically ordered.

I vastly prefer the previous ordering. The reason is that I can order the tags in the sequence in which I want to see them in the switches, grouping together related items (e.g., departure location). In a perfect world I could order tags by dragging, and add them from a pulldown of existing tags. But it’d be happy just to have them revert to being ordered by order of appearance.

There was a change to sort the tags based on customer requests. There is a Preference to revert it back to the way it used to be though.

1 Like