About the Give Feedback category

Bug reports, feature requests and general feedback you’d like to give about MiraCheck. Thank you in advance for sharing!

I like your app. I find that I don’t miss steps that I would and have missed while preflight and flying.
I fly a Piper Meridian with a PT6 engine. One thing that I would like to see in the app is in my Engine Start Procedure.
Starting a turbine is the most critical time with a turbine. Making sure you don’t have a HOT START.
If you look at my check list you will see in my list all the items required to start.
things happen fast and if automate (run without having to press the check) for certain items and delay the the timing of each step that would be great. I don’t if it is possible but would be a great addition.
Keep up the good work.
feel free to call if you wish to discuss further.
best regards
Mike Kremski
N30898
810-287-3854

Dear MiraCheck,
I am very excited to begin the use of the checklists. I would love to recommend this product to other pilots. I am very hesitant though. My suggestions right off the bat from someone brand new to it. A pilot and a programming idiot.

1. you have a very SMART program. It shows how intelligent you must be to make a product that is so capable, but complex.
  2. I know lots of other pilots, and most are a bit older and are not computer savvy. I am, at 51, actually on the edge of being able to figure out how to use this program and edit lists etc. I see a very steep learning curve. I am very intimidated.
  3. To reach a large audience and get more subscriptions I would make a couple suggestions as I cannot imagine my father, or his age group, embracing this program. It is too involved to get going on day one.
    a. I would have two layers. A simple ready to use layer for those who do not want to, nor understand, your terminology and options. A simple edit of these checklists with a cut function and drag and drop to put more items in. leave it at that for those who want to open a program and start using it right out of the box.
    I am worried I will spend DAYS trying to figure it out and then make a checklist work the way I want.

B. I would suggest it be more like an hour to get going.

c. I suggest having a second level underneath that one where you can click “advanced editing” and go into the deep dive of editing behind the scenes, which is where your program seems to BEGIN.

Again, I appreciate the work and I will try to figure it out. But my other airplane friends will not be getting a recommendation from me unless it becomes much more dumbed down and useable from the minute you download a sample checklist.

Think of Foreflight etc. when you download it, you can go fly. No structural changes are made by the user.

I want you to be successful and this become a standard for pilots. How wonderful of an idea for GA. It could save lives in emergencies.

First impressions.
Dan