Ignore Hidden Items/Sections

I recently put a Value Trigger in an item. However, when the current list was done, because the hidden list was the next one in the checklist, Mira still read the introduction to that list, its first section, and its first item.

How can I tell Mira not to read through hidden lists, hidden sections, and hidden items?

Can you use the Create Share Link action from your checklist (or a mini one that simulates the same issue) on MiraCheck Cloud and email to support@miralouaero.com.

Done. Specifically, the full pre-trip inspection list is the one that is hidden and should not be started.

New user, first time posting. I have this same issue and have just sent a Shared Link to the Support Email. Hoping you can spot what I did wrong. I can’t spot it…

Thanks for an awesome product! Just flew a couple of times this week with Mira along for the ride, and this is very promising to be a big help!

It seems the setVisible function on a section is hiding the section, but each child of the section still has a visible flag and why it is still reading through those items. I would say this is a bug in the setVisible function and something we will try to address in a future release. In the meantime, you can create you own function to do this.

Put this function in the Functions panel when you select the top-level node in the outline. Basically it hides the section and also loops through all of its children setting the visible property.

function setSectionAndChildrenVisible(sectionId, visible=true) {
  // set the section visibility
  mc.setVisible(sectionId);

// get array of items in section
  const items = mc.getItems(sectionId);
  // loop through and set each child's visibility 
  items.forEach((item)=> {
    item.visible=visible;
  });
}

Then change you code in the Value Trigger to the following:

if (mc.getValue() === "yes") {