Images in Checklists

Hi

New to Miracheck and I’m trying to put images into my checklist

When I use the Markdown Editor and click on the Image Icon, I get the text string
![] () inserted.

If I paste in a Http link address, all works well

Example

![] (https://cdn.flightsim.to/images/06/aNTj7eHI.png?width=1400&auto_optimize=medium)

NOTE: space after [ inserted just so I could display th text string.

What I can’t get working is inserting an image from my file system

Example below doesn’t work
![](C:\Temp\DA62 rear luggage.PNG)

Does anyone know the correct syntax or isn’t this possible?

Has there been any progress with using HTML commands? I tried the command and it works on the Cloud but still doesn’t work with an app. Would be great to be able to do some of the simple formatting commands like center, text color etc.

Is there any information anywhere on how to use the inline code feature (<> and </>)?

Doesn’t work for me either. Any help on this?

I struggle with the same. Any advice on how to do this?

To use an image from the file system, you basically have to inline the image. To do this you have to convert it to Base64 representation, which is an encoding of the image as a long string.

There is an online tool that makes it easy. You drag your image from your file system in the tool and it will convert is to Base64. You would click the “copy image” button to put that on the clipboard and then paste that between the parenthesis instead of a URL.

This is a link to the tool:

The syntax for the link (make sure there are no spaces between the brackets and parenthesis):

![Image Description](PASTE BASE64 CODE HERE)

Note: since you are inlining images in your checklist if you put a lot of them in your checklist size can get very large. Make sure to first resize the image locally to an acceptable size and use an image compression like JPG for the smallest size before encoding.

1 Like