Interesting use case

Thought this might be a cool use case to add - i have my phone audio pumped into my intercom. This allows me to use the headset mic for the verbal check confirmation.

On my most recent checklist, after engine start, I put a briefing on there so that I don’t have to worry about remembering everything to brief a passenger or a set of passengers. I can skip it if solo.

Basically, I have an item called “Automated Preflight Briefing.” I set it to “Label Only” and have audio override set to the following text - this allows me to do a bunch of getting ready stuff while my passengers hear the briefing. It’s pretty handy!

Today’s flight is being conducted in a Piper Comanche 250 high performance airplane. There are a few things you should know about this plane before we taxi, so please listen carefully for the next few minutes. There is no law that prohibits smoking aboard this aircraft, however the pilot has decided to ban smoking at all times when on the airplane. Electronic cigarettes are allowed, provided the pilot does not tell you not to use them.

This airplane has one entry and exit door, located on the right side of the aircraft. To open this door, rotate the overhead handle and then pull the lever by your arm up until the door pops. Push the door open and exit the aircraft toward the rear of the plane, staying on the black paint of the wing.

If you are requested to close the door, you can do so by pulling the door closed and rotating the lever down until the door is held in place, then rotating the overhead handle to the locked position.

The FAA requires that your seat belt be fastened during taxi, takeoff and landing, as well as any other time that you are informed to do so by the pilot. Once we have reached a safe cruising altitude, you will be allowed to take your seatbelt off, but since there is no place to go and no services on this plane, there is generally no reason to take it off.

To fasten your seat belt, insert the tab into the buckle and pull the adjusting strap until it is snug and low against your hips. Your shoulder harness should already be attached, but if it is not, you can attach it by inserting the metal post on the buckle into the metal slot on the shoulder harness and sliding upward.

To remove your seat belt, simply pull the release tab on the buckle. You do not need to remove the shoulder harness to exit the aircraft.

Contrary to popular belief, the FAA does not have any guidance regarding the use of cellular telephones in flight. You will find that as we climb, your service will not work very well, and will eventually stop working at all. This is normal. If the pilot instructs you to turn your cell phone off or to airplane mode, Federal Law requires compliance with this instruction.

This flight, like all flights, operates under the see and avoid principle - which states that if you see another aircraft, you should avoid it. The pilot will be constantly looking for other aircraft, but if you see one, do not assume the pilot has seen it too - please tell him that you saw the aircraft so that he can avoid it.

This aircraft is equipped with an intercom that allows you to speak to both the pilot and other passengers. The pilot may, at his discretion, disable this functionality if needed to interact with air traffic control.

Regardless of functionality, jokes about terrorism, hijacking, or other inappropriate topics should not be made at any time onboard the aircraft.

Federal law provides final authority for the safety of this flight to the pilot in command. If the pilot instructs you to do or to not do something as a passenger on this plane, you are required to comply.

If you have any questions about this, or any other topic, please ask your pilot now, as we will begin taxing shortly.

Very creative! That sounds awesome. A question with you audio panel setup? If you have a co-pilot can they hear MiraCheck and also can they control the checklist as well by saying check?

Yes to both. I have a portable intercom that I use for it.

I have not yet found out (due to lack of testing) if I isolate the pilot if the passengers can still control it (or hear it).