Select picker buttons using voice control

Hello, this is my first post. This software seems awesome, can’t wait to test it out when my plane is done next summer.

Is there a way to use voice control to select picker items? If not, will (or can) it be added in the future?

Currently you can by addressing the index of the button. If you have more than a few, you may want to prefix each label with the index like 1: First Item, 2: Second Item, etc…

Syntax for what can be said to follow a link:
{GOTO | JUMP TO | OPEN | FOLLOW} {LINK | BUTTON} {1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9}
{GOTO | JUMP TO | OPEN | FOLLOW} {FIRST | SECOND | THIRD | FOURTH | FIFTH | SIXTH | SEVENTH | EIGHTH | NINTH} {LINK | BUTTON}

Examples of what you can say:
GOTO LINK 1
GOTO BUTTON 1
JUMP TO LINK 4
OPEN LINK 3
FOLLOW LINK 3
FOLLOW BUTTON 3
GOTO SECOND LINK
GOTO FOURTH BUTTON
OPEN THIRD LINK

Ok, thanks. Might be a nice future enhancement though? For example, My first takeoff item is a picker, “Please select takeoff type,” with three buttons: Normal, Obstacle, and Short Field. Would be nice to be able to respond by simply saying ‘normal’ or ‘short’ for example, in the same way that we respond to the yes/no questions. That way we don’t have to look at the screen to remember what order they are in. (Bigger deal for longer lists I suppose) If I have to look at the screen to make the selection I might as well just push the button. Just a thought.

As your enhancement suggests, it is on the roadmap to allow the content of the Picker Items labels to be used to select the item.

1 Like