Create a Flight Plan

By creating a flight plan you give you co-pilot more context about your flight so she can be more pro-active. Currently a Flight Plan consists of your departure airport and the destination airport only. In the future, other navaids along the route may be supported.

You: CREATE A FLIGHT PLAN
Mira: WHERE ARE YOU TAKING OFF FROM?
You: ALLEGHENY COUNTY
Mira: WHERE ARE YOU GOING?
You: BUTLER COUNTY

At the top of the screen you will see a Route. You can also tap on the Flight Plan and add a route with the keyboard.

Once a route is set, at anytime you can speak WHAT IS MY POSITION? and your copilot will give you key information. Great when you have to report to ATC your relative location to your destination.

You can clear the flight plan by speaking DELETE FLIGHT PLAN.

Documentation for all voice commands…

Can Miracheck import this flight plan into Foreflight? If so, how?

I tried to use two airports and sometimes it would tell me I was in the correct location with correct distances and other times it told me I was 6000+ miles south of my current position? Aside: I turned off Flight Sim mode. Was that the answer or was I just lucky as the issue IS intermittent?

I created a short video to demonstrate…

Yes, if you have the Flight Sim toggle on and are not connected to a Flight Sim properly you definitely will get some weird data coming back. Definitely make sure to have the Flight Sim toggle OFF for real-world flights.

Hi Jeff: what is the accepted format(s) for airports (name, code) to input on route box ? I am trying using airport codes like KDTO KFWS and nothing happens after clicking ROUTE. Thx

Edited: actually she says “i don’t understand the airport of the origin”

With the release of 5.1.1 and the ability to now index airports around the globe an Airport Search Index must be created. Some users are saying that after installing the update the Create Flight Plan is not working. If you tap on ‘Index OurAirports for Search’ and a dialog does not appear to configure this then removing the app and re-installing it should fix it. When you re-install it should ask to create the index.

Got it. I had to re-install. Now it’s working. Thanks