Documentation for Goose?

Is there documentation for this somewhere? The checklist seem pretty self explanatory but I’m trying to figure out how to access the in flight guidance.

Hi @petegiese ,
thanks for your question and for flying with Goose! It is great to hear that the checklists are easy going.
With regards to your question: the Goose app inherited almost all functionalities from the predecessor MiraCheck, so every functionality MiraCheck provided in the past works very similar in Goose. Since I don’t know specifically what you need specifically, I would like to point you to a few items.

MiraCheck YouTube Tutorials

Other Forum Articles - also the forum is a great ressource.

Goose YouTube Account

• we are currently working on a tutorial video series on the Goose.TalkToMe YouTube Channel that educates aber every aspect in Goose. The first videos will be added within the next few days and then growing continuously

I hope this could help. If you still have additional questions, please feel free to reply directly below!

We are always eager to learn more on where & how we can make Goose’ functionalities more accessible.

Thanks for becoming a part of our journey and for flying with Goose!

Happy Landings,
Mirko

Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to seeing what this is capable of.

I am not seeing way t o access flight planning within Goose as depicted in the Other Forum Articles link to Flight Plan (and ForeFlight to Goose) link. How is this accessed?

I have Goose version 6.2.3.550.

Hi, @mebtraveling,
thanks for your message.

To “connect” Goose to ForeFlight, please make sure you are logged in and are on the Performance Plan.
Open the App, go to settings (bottom right). Under “Preferences” toggle ForeFlight.
You should then be able to say “Hey Goose”, “Open ForeFlight”. This then should open ForeFlight for you.

BEFORE you do that, please make sure Goose knows the airports / regions you are flying to/from/thru (Settings → Preferences → Download Airports → select regions → click Download) and make sure FF is set up as needed

Once you have that working I suggest planning your flight how you usually do (most likely within FF) and copy it in ForeFlight to the clipboard and then paste it on Goose. → click “Map” icon on top right.
Pasting and entering the plan lets Goose know where you are going. When confirming, Goose should open FF - double check everything looks good.

This should help you get started.
If you have any further questions, please let me/us know. You can always reach out to us thru the forum, or send an email to support@aerosys.io (especially if you want to share account specific details or to schedule a 1:1 call to help you get going.

We are also exhibiting at EAA AirVenture in “Co-Pilot Goose Exhibit Hangar B”. If you are attending AirVenture, this might be the easiest and quickest and you can get a personal support right on site.

Happy Landings
Mirko